Schuyler - ANP
Schuyler - ANP, Nurse
Experience:  Adult Nurse Practitioner, MSN, private practice and hospitalist experience
3157612

I asked one of your therapists earlier today how to get my

Customer Question

HI I asked one of your therapists earlier today how to get my therapist to be more direct with me, or to push me. I have strong urges to cross dress which I try to suppress. She has encouraged me to dress, but it's still hard for me to overcome my reluctance.
She knows that I wore my mother's panties when I was young. I would like to wear panties for underwear during my sessions with my therapist, but can't bring myself to tell her that is what I want. One of your other therapists suggested that I ask that she
be more direct with me (I feel quite submissive to my therapist.). What do I say to her? Something like "I need you to tell me to wear women's underwear whenever we have a session." Is that appropriate?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Schuyler - ANP replied 1 year ago.

Something like "..I need you to tell me to wear women's underwear whenever we have a session..." isn't what the other therapist meant. This sentence is asking the therapist to order you to wear women's clothing. That isn't what is going to help you.

You need to tell your therapist exactly what you have told us. That you are submissive to her isn't particularly therapeutic. Your therapist wants you to own how you feel about cross dressing, and be strong enough to tell her as well as your family and friends. If your therapist "tells" you to do it, that isn't really helping you. It's just having you follow a directive, not own up to who you are and what you want. A better thing to say is "I want to wear women's panties each time we have a therapy session."

Kind regards,

Schuyler

~