Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

How can I best deal with my ex husband when he constantly

Customer Question

How can I best deal with my ex husband when he constantly belittles me, tells me how I feel, what I am thinking, tells me what he is going to do in regards ***** ***** the children outside of his visitation schedule (despite the fact that I have sole physical
custody of our children and he needs to get my permission to see them outside of his scheduled visits), puts me down, harms our children either himself or due to neglect, etc.? I have an active harassment restraining order against him but so far the police
department have ignored his violations. I have currently contacted the police chief and city attorney in hopes that there will be something done. He is not supposed to use the communication book to speak to me directly about anything except the children which
seems to be impossible. My psychologist, whom I have stopped seeing, has told me to "toughen up" and that we live in a "good guys" town where some men will never get reprimanded for their actions. I am being emotionally abused constantly and have been in fear
for my life. Our children have been physically hurt by him as well as have been injured due to neglectful situations and lack of supervision. I have asked him to stop and leave me alone but he won't. I have tried ignoring him but that doesn't help either.
I do have a history of depression, anxiety, and panic attacks. Much of which can be directly attributed to being around him.
Category: Mental Health