Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

Relationship/marriage therapist: My girlfriend is a

Customer Question

For a relationship/marriage therapist: My girlfriend is a therapist and very much things like a therapist...like, in EVERY aspect. She brings it home and can't turn it off. I love that! Absolutely love that about her. We recently (as in the past couple
of days) started talking about what marriage would look like for us. She said if we were serious about having the discussion, she would like a week to really think about some questions that she thinks would be really important to get to know (many that she
thinks she already knows but wants to be sure). I need some help about how to prepare and what types of questions I might be prepared for. Some of the questions I think she may want to know are the following and I would really, really, really like to see some
example answers to these questions that I could revise to make for myself as a man. 1. What does marriage mean to you? A: 2. What what is a husband mean to you? A: 3. What is a wife to you? A: 4. How would you want to raise children? A: 5. How would you discipline
children? A: 6. Children learn from modeling. How do you feel you cope with/work through issues/would teach children about right/wrong, etc. (This one I'm not so prepared for especially since I've had tragedy in my life and am still learning to get through
the pain of loss of a fiance previously). A: 7. What are some of the tools you would use to help children and yourself be a good father / parent? A: Please also prepare me with some other questions she may consider and I may want to ask her. I need some concrete
questions and some example answers. Please be prepared to give me thorough responses and I will pay a significant bonus for this. Think like a counselor though and imagine what it would be like for you and how she might want to ask specific questions. Shes'
very traditional and conservative. She's read a lot of relationship books to include 5 Love Languages (she is physical and words of affirmation and I am words of affirmation), as well as the Seven principles for making marriage work. I need this by end of
the day today, very critical. As I said, I will pay a substantial bonus for a very thought out and prepared question and answer. I'm willing to get on a phone call too.
Category: Mental Health
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please respond to this ASAP.