Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

I haven't told many people about this but because of things

Customer Question

I haven't told many people about this but because of things I went through when I was young I ended up personifying my negative emotions. Going so far as to give it a gender and name. He's always reminding me of how worthless I am and how I should kill myself in order to stop my misery. I know I suffer from depression and when it strikes his presence is more intense. I've tried to do some research online. To see if anyone else out there has the same issue but it just feels like I'm even more alone. What do I do? What's wrong with me?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello and I am sorry that you have had this issue, I can understand how distressing this can be for you. May I ask, have sought any treatment for this level of depression and if so, what type of treatment have you received?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I haven't
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

May I ask, why you have not sought treatment for this?