Dr. Z
Dr. Z, Psychologist
Experience:  Psy.D. in Clinical Forensic Psychology with a background in treating severe mental illnesses.
74815544

I'm a gay male I have been with my partner years. We moved

Customer Question

Hi
I'm a gay male I have been with my partner for 15 years.
We moved in his nephew 2 years ago, he is now 17 almost 18 but still in high school
I been suspecting something going on sexually between them, I set up the video and yes my partner is touching him inappropriately.
Just in the past few days I have almost walked in on these touchy feelie things going on.
I would just toss in the towel but I have allot invested into this. House, pets, and I work for the company that he runs.
To add to my furstration they both act like I'm so damn stupid.
Should I sit back and act like nothing is going on?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area.

Hello and thank you for your question. You should definitely not just let this go as your partner is being unfaithful to you and also may be taking advantage of this nephew as well (not necessarily in the legal sense, but the emotional and maturity sense). You have a lot invested in this relationship, but you also deserve respect and if he is disrespecting you in this way than you need to discuss this with him and move forward from there. You should not let this go as this will only enable the behavior...also this is only what you know, what else has your partner been doing behind your back? Overall you need to be assertive in this situation and stand up for what you believe is right or you will continue to be hurt and frustrated by your partner's behavior.

I hope this answers your question and gives you some guidance on this issue. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns as I am happy to assist and support you regarding this issue.

*Please do not forget to leave a positive rating at the top of the page so that I can get credit for helping you. Thank you, ***** ***** appreciate it.