Dr. Z
Dr. Z, Psychologist
Experience:  Psy.D. in Clinical Forensic Psychology with a background in treating severe mental illnesses.
74815544

I'm having doubts about my girlfriend that are very

Customer Question

I'm having doubts about my girlfriend that are very confusing
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello, what is your specific mental health question that you would like an answer to in regards ***** ***** situation?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm pretty sure I'm in love but every so often I get doubt pains in my stomach.....this happened twice, both times after a heavy weekend of alcohol, but all the time I look forward to seeing her and talking/texting her! Why?
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

It is possible that the alcohol influenced your judgement in a negative way and that is why you had these "seeds of doubt," but because they only happen after being intoxicated most likely it is not a result of true confusion, just being under the influence of alcohol (and afterwards). Alcohol is a psychoactive substance that can cause temporary changes to our brain chemistry, so most likely this substance affected you in this way to cause such doubts about your girlfriend. When you are sober and not "hung over" and you feel nothing but love, passion, and affection for your girlfriend than those are your true feelings, not what happened after your heavy weekend of alcohol use. So overall most likely the alcohol use is what caused these doubts and nothing more.

I hope this answers your question and gives you some guidance on this issue. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns as I am happy to assist and support you regarding this issue.

*Please do not forget to leave a positive rating at the top of the page so that I can get credit for helping you. Thank you, ***** ***** appreciate it.