Dr. Z
Dr. Z, Psychologist
Experience:  Psy.D. in Clinical Forensic Psychology with a background in treating severe mental illnesses.
74815544

I was allergic to lamictin some 10 years back, and wonder if

Customer Question

I was allergic to lamictin some 10 years back, and wonder if I can use epileptim now> Symptoms: High levels of anxiety with some low energy over the past few years. functioning well at work but will need a boost now. Regards
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area.

Hello and thank you for your question. I want to make sure, are you asking about Epleptin (Gabapentin)? I only ask because the medication that you spelled does not exist and there are a few medications with similar sounding names

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
May I use Epleptin after an allergic reaction to lamictin 10 years back? I currently use ciliate every 2n day as it helps anxiety but does push me into expressive episodes at times
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
cilift, sorry!
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your response, I just wanted to make sure we were talking about the same medication as the names can be similar for different medications. You can use the Epleptin as it is very chemically different than Lamictin. Just because you are allergic to Lamictin does not mean you will be allergic to Epleptin. It is safe to use to lessen your anxiety and is not linked to Lamictin at all.

I hope this answers your question and gives you some guidance on this issue. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns as I am happy to assist and support you regarding this issue.

*Please do not forget to leave a positive rating at the top of the page so that I can get credit for helping you. Thank you, ***** ***** appreciate it.