Dr. Z
Dr. Z, Psychologist
Experience:  Psy.D. in Clinical Forensic Psychology with a background in treating severe mental illnesses.
74815544

I'll like to know if I need help because it's really hard to

Customer Question

Hi I'll like to know if I need help because it's really hard for me to focus. Is hard for me to relax and enjoy wherever I'm doing because I feel like i have to go and do other things. Do i need a doctor?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello and thank you for your question. May I ask, for how long has this been an issue for you? And do you notice this problem more in certain settings or does it occur throughout the day no matter what you are doing?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Most of the time
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

And for how long has this been an issue for you? What age did this issue start?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
7 to 8 years.
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your responses. I would definitely recommend that you see a psychiatrist for an evaluation and treatment given how long this has been an issue for you and how much it affects your daily life. It is doubtful that you have ADHD given that these symptoms did not start as a child, but most likely you are suffering from a form of anxiety and/or depression which can cause this inattention and focus problem. Treatment for this will not be difficult as you can "cure" this issue through a few months of medication and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT). But right now you definitely need to see a psychiatrist for the proper evaluation and treatment.

I hope this answers your question and gives you some guidance on this issue. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns as I am happy to assist and support you regarding this issue.

*****YOU ARE ALMOST FINISHED…EXPERTS ONLY GET COMPENSATED FOR EACH POSITIVE RATING, SO I WOULD APPRECIATE IF YOU COULD GENTLY MASH ONE OF THE 3, 4, 5 SMILEY FACES/STARS THAT YOU SEE BEFORE YOU GO. THANK YOU SO MUCH AND IT WAS MY PLEASURE HELPING YOU WITH YOUR ISSUE*****