Dr. Z
Dr. Z, Psychologist
Experience:  Psy.D. in Clinical Forensic Psychology with a background in treating severe mental illnesses.
74815544

I was taking risperidone 3 years i haven't takin any till 5

Customer Question

I was taking risperidone for about 3 years i haven't takin any till 5 days ago so i started taking it again it was filled on 06/07/13 something on the bottle says 09/2014 is that the expired date? Will this to have strength in the medicine till i get back to my shrink please answer thank you!
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello and thank you for your question. This is referring to the expiration date and because this medication has been expired for a little over a year, I doubt it is still effective and most likely you are taking the equivalent of a "sugar pill" due to how long this medication has been expired for. So you should definitely contact your psychiatrist or pharmacy as soon as possible to see if you can either get a new prescription of the Risperidone or 7-10 day emergency supply from the pharmacist until you see your psychiatrist.

I hope this answers your question and gives you some guidance on this issue. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns as I am happy to assist and support you regarding this issue.

*****YOU ARE ALMOST FINISHED…EXPERTS ONLY GET COMPENSATED FOR EACH POSITIVE RATING, SO I WOULD APPRECIATE IF YOU COULD GENTLY MASH ONE OF THE 3, 4, 5 SMILEY FACES/STARS THAT YOU SEE BEFORE YOU GO. THANK YOU SO MUCH AND IT WAS MY PLEASURE HELPING YOU WITH YOUR ISSUE*****

Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I noticed that you viewed my answer and I was checking in to see if you have any further questions or concerns that you would like me to address on this issue?

*Please do not forget to leave a positive rating before you sign off. Thank you, ***** ***** appreciate it.