Dr. Z
Dr. Z, Psychologist
Experience:  Psy.D. in Clinical Forensic Psychology with a background in treating severe mental illnesses.
74815544

XXXXXXXXX, and I really just need to talk to someone one on

Customer Question

Hello my name is***** and I really just need to talk to someone one on one. I just keep getting the runaround and I would love some help. I recently visited the ER and asked for some psychological help like going to inpatient hospital for a week
or so just however long it took to help me. I have been feeling really bad for a while I have quite an extensive psychiatric history. Anyway the report that the report that the ER doctor wrote for me to give to the psychiatric professional contained well,
just blatant lies. In reading the report I was appalled at his general demeanor and tone when talking about me. He painted a picture for the psychiatric professional of me being a Texas city hopping doctor shopping worthless addict. By the time I got to the
inpatient psych hospital, the doctor had already made up his mind that I was just a junkie looking for a fix. This was the furthest thing from the truth. The only thing I said in the ER was please help me the rest was said by my fiance who is a registered
nurse. I now after 5 months have just started to balance back out psychologically it has been torture. The doctor abruptly took me off clonazepam which I had been on for 10 years and said there will be no withdrawal. Well I'm here to tell you now it has been
divorced for 5 months of my life. My fiance will gladly back up my story and tell you what happened in better detail. I just don't see how all of this is fair because one doctor was so bias that he had to set my future in motion in the way he wanted the psychiatric
professional to treat me. Please tell me this is not fair and that there may be something I can do about it
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello, I am very sorry you had to endure this unprofessional behavior by this doctor at the ER, I can understand how distressing this can be for you. While I agree this is unprofessional and unfair, what the ER doctor did may not be illegal if said doctor can back it up with his/her perceived opinion on the situation at the time and medical records. If you can prove that the doctor lied (not just your word or your fiance's word against the doctor) than you have a good claim of unethical and possibly illegal behavior (I am not a lawyer so I cannot say for certain what is illegal and what is not. There are very limited options of what you can do here to rectify the situation 1) You can try to find a psychiatrist that will evaluate you independently of the previous report and try to take a new approach without the perceived bias of the ER's report in your file 2)You can look for a psychiatrist outside of this medical group, so one that will not have access to this ER doctor's report 3) You can try to file an appeal with the hospital or medical group about the ER and have the record stricken from your record 4) Lastly you can hire a personal injury lawyer to file a civil lawsuit against said doctor and the medical group or hospital.

I hope this answers your questions and gives you some guidance on this issue. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns as I am happy to assist and support you regarding this issue.