Dr. Z
Dr. Z, Psychologist
Experience:  Psy.D. in Clinical Forensic Psychology with a background in treating severe mental illnesses.
74815544

I'm struggling badly with anxiety and depression right now.

Customer Question

I'm struggling badly with anxiety and depression right now. I'm seeing a therapist weekly, I go to acupuncture twice a week, I take atarax occasionally to get through work, and just saw a Doctor and started on Zoloft after not wanting to do meds.
I feel like hell. I'm a wreck.
What else can I try if these therapies don't work?
Category: Mental Health
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have tingling in my arms that I feel like the Zoloft might be making worse. Also, noticed some sweating today which I see can be a side-effect of Zoloft.I just feel like my nerves are shot and am overwhelmed.
I also have an appointment with an ENT because I may have damaged my hearing by going on obsessive walks this Summer and listening to music too loud to drown out my thoughts.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello, can you tell me what dose of the Zoloft you are taking? Also what type of therapy are you currently in (e.g. CBT, DBT, psychoanalysis, Mindfulness)? And for how long have you been in therapy?