Dr. Z
Dr. Z, Psychologist
Experience:  Psy.D. in Clinical Forensic Psychology with a background in treating severe mental illnesses.
74815544

My husband and I separated and he called me asking so he

Customer Question

My husband and I separated and he called me asking for money so he could get a room with his girlfriend. It hurt me really bad.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello, I am sorry that you are hurt by your husband’s actions here, I can understand how him asking you for money to be with his girlfriend would be upsetting to you. Because this is a Q&A website, what exactly is your mental health question that you would like an answer to in regards ***** ***** situation?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My husband said to me that he didn't realize it would hurt me. Is it obvious that he has no care at all for me or any regards ***** ***** feelings?
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

I cannot tell you if he does not care about your feelings as I cannot read his mind, but I can tell you at the very least he is not cognizant of your feelings based on this action by him. If he did not care he may have talked about his girlfriend more and if he was happier now as that would lean more towards vindictiveness and lack of empathy. So far he is only showing a lack of awareness of how you feel, which would be considered bad judgement.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. I just needed confirmation.
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

You are most welcome. I am just happy to help.

*Please do not forget to leave a positive rating before signing off. Thank you.