Dr. Z
Dr. Z, Psychologist
Experience:  Psy.D. in Clinical Forensic Psychology with a background in treating severe mental illnesses.
74815544

I strongly suspect that my mother's side of the family

Customer Question

I strongly suspect that my mother's side of the family including her my grandmother, aunt and brother showed narcississtic tendencies. I am much more like my father.
After caring for both parents and my father's sister for years, now they are in a care home. This is alright though I suspect some of the management have similar issues.
My brother and sister-in-law have tormented me covertly and openly through smear campaigns for years. They want my parents' property for their own children. My brother appears to be getting more and more aggressive towards me. I try to avoid him as much as possible. He is permanently hounding me over my parents' property.
It has taken me months and months to recover to the point of feeling that I can take charge of my life. I have suffered from long-term M.E. and acute stress. My mother was horrific with me when I left to go to university and my hair fell. The problem is that nobody believes you including the doctors. I feel that I have been labelled. Thank you. Angela
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello, I am very sorry that you are having these issues with your family, I can understand how distressing this can be for you. This is a Q&A website, so what is your mental health question that you would like an answer to regarding this situation?