Dr. Z
Dr. Z, Psychologist
Experience:  Psy.D. in Clinical Forensic Psychology with a background in treating severe mental illnesses.
74815544

I want to see a psychiatrist but I'm afraid to ask my mom

Customer Question

Hi, I want to see a psychiatrist but I'm afraid to ask my mom because last time I asked she refused to take me. She thinks I'm schizophrenic but, I don't know what to do. Can I have help please?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello, I am very sorry that your mother is not willing to take you to see a psychiatrist. I am not sure what type of help you are looking for from a Q&A service like this website, as you are an adult, so you do not need your mother's permission to go to a psychiatrist. Also your primary care physician can refer you to a psychiatrist as well if you need it. So what exactly is your mental health question that you would like an answer to in regards ***** ***** situation?