Dr. Z
Dr. Z, Psychologist
Experience:  Psy.D. in Clinical Forensic Psychology with a background in treating severe mental illnesses.
74815544

I am currently taking 40mgs of lexipro switched from Paxil 8

Customer Question

Hi I am currently taking 40mgs of lexipro switched from Paxil 8 weeks ago I have had bad anxiety but they are calming down at the moment I have obssesive thoughts that take over I don't sleep much at all of late my dr wants me to take seroquel 25mgs for sleep which seems to be getting worse since upping my dose of lexipro just don't get tired hardly ever do I am worried about the long qt thing with heart do you think I should take the seroquel
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area

Hello and thank you for your question. Can you confirm that you are taking 40mg/day of the Lexapro? The reason I ask is because this is a significant overdose as 20mg/day is considered the maximum allowed dose of the Lexapro.