Dr. Z
Dr. Z, Psychologist
Experience:  Psy.D. in Clinical Forensic Psychology with a background in treating severe mental illnesses.
74815544

I am becoming concerned that I can't stop mourning the

Customer Question

I am becoming concerned that I can't stop mourning the unexpected death of my brother over a year ago. My morning/grieving has sucked the life out of me and makes me feel like my future is in the past as they say. He had a successful heart transplant but died from an massive sepsis episode. His feeding tube dislodged and it was forty eight hours before it was noticed. Suffice to say he fought so hard to live but he ultimately had complete organ failure. I I CAN HARDLY BREATH WHEN i LET MYSELF REMEMBER HOW HE WENT FROM A POST TRANSPLANT PATIENT WALKING AND TALKING AND JOKING TO A PATIENT WHO WAS PART OF THE WALKING DEAD FOR ALMOST TWO MONTHS DURING WHICH HE WOULD UNEXPECTEDLY IMPROVE AND SLIDE BACK TO THE CRITICAL STATE. ALL I HAVE DONE IN THE LAST YEAR IS BASICALLY SLEEP 12 TO 15 HOURS A DAY. i AM GETTING SCARED.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello, I am so sorry for your loss, I can understand how distressing and emotionally hurt this must be for you. May I ask, have you tried to undergo grief therapy to help you heal and/or possibly take some psychotropic medications to help lessen your symptoms? Also since this is a Q&A website, what is your specific mental health question that you would like an answer to in regards ***** ***** situation?