Dr. Z
Dr. Z, Psychologist
Experience:  Psy.D. in Clinical Forensic Psychology with a background in treating severe mental illnesses.
74815544

My husband always criticises me each time we have a quarrel.

Customer Question

My husband always criticises me each time we have a quarrel. He tells me I am lazy, that I do not do enough around the house, that I do not help him in the workshop(he is a joiner). However, when everything is good between us he says you just come in the workshop and keep me company you do not need to do anything, forget about washing those dishes now we will take care of that later. However, when there is a quarrel he throws those things back in my face and says he is always helping me after he has finished working, and I am so lazy and I do not do enough around the house. Take into consideration that I am a part time student and full time employed. This situation can be so frustrating sometimes
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello, I am very sorry that you are having this issue with your husband, I can understand how distressing this can be for you. May I ask, what is your specific mental health question that you would like an answer to regarding this situation?