Dr. Z
Dr. Z, Psychologist
Experience:  Psy.D. in Clinical Forensic Psychology with a background in treating severe mental illnesses.
74815544

My son acts very aggressive, it has caused m to lose several

Customer Question

My son acts very aggressive, it has caused him to lose several jobs and it has hurt his relationships with several family members. He is 22 years old.
It has also caused him to face charges for harassment. When he threatened someones life. He is currently out on bail and is drug tested every week, so I believe he is currently clean.
He has broken doors and smashed wall. He has had trouble with professors at college as well.
He has been to two psychiatrists, one was just a pill pusher and the other found no problem, he is a master of deception.
He has no friends and is unable to have a relationship because he knows it all. When someone disagrees with him he can get very aggressive.
He wont go to another doctor because the one doctor said he was fine. He desperately needs a psychiatric evaluation.
He rarely sleeps. The only way he says he can sleep is by smoking pot, of which his use was regularly, this helped his anger issue, however he is now being drug test so he cannot use so the anger issue has resurfaced.
Please help!
Chuck
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello, I am very sorry that your son is having these issues with aggression, I can understand how distressing this can be for you as a parent. Unfortunately if your son is refusing to seek out an evaluation or treatment that is his choice, unless it is court-mandated. So what exactly is your mental health question that you would like an answer to regarding this situation?