Dr. Z
Dr. Z, Psychologist
Experience:  Psy.D. in Clinical Forensic Psychology with a background in treating severe mental illnesses.
74815544

How come my sexuall preferences changes when im gh? From

Customer Question

How come my sexuall preferences changes when im high? From kinda normal to really extreme.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area.

Hello and thank you for your question. How exactly do your sexual preferences change and what substance are you getting "high" on?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The drug is Amphetamine. And its almost like anything forbidden and taboo becomes huge turn ons.
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your response. The reason your sexual preferences and libido changes while using Amphetamine is because the Amphetamine increases your Dopamine levels substantially. This causes increased euphoria and sexual arousal to very high levels that would be considered uncontrollable to most individuals. This is why individuals high on amphetamine typically have risky sex and amphetamine and methamphetamine use has been linked to a rise in HIV cases in the last few years as well. Overall the increase in Dopamine caused by this substance causes the individual to have an insatiable sexual appetite.

I hope this answers your question and gives you some guidance on this issue. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns as I am happy to assist and support you regarding this issue.

*****YOU ARE ALMOST FINISHED…EXPERTS ONLY GET COMPENSATED FOR EACH POSITIVE RATING, SO I WOULD APPRECIATE IF YOU COULD GENTLY MASH ONE OF THE 3, 4, 5 SMILEY FACES/STARS THAT YOU SEE BEFORE YOU GO. THANK YOU SO MUCH AND IT WAS MY PLEASURE HELPING YOU WITH YOUR ISSUE*****

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your answer. But why do you think i go from "normal boy-girl-sex" as preference when sober. But when high its more like kids and incest. Forbidden stuff. Only in fantasy and mind and never in actions.
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

There is no specific reason why the substance would cause an increase in desire on those specific subjects as all the substance is doing is increasing your sexual appetite to insatiable levels. This substance lowers your sexual inhibitions significantly, so most likely deep in your subconscious there is a part of your mind that finds these topics sexually arousing, but you have control over them when sober as you have a good moral center that knows these topics are wrong. Unfortunately when you are high on a substance that control and moral center is removed causing these subconscious matters to come to the forefront, especially with the Amphetamine since that lowers sexual inhibition dramatically. Overall the substance alone is not causing this level of sexual arousal as there must be a component in your mind where this sexual arousal is already present...the amphetamine just allows it to be released and noticeable to your conscious mind.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Wow. Your answers are great. And easy to understand. Should i consider this a problem or just go with it?
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

If you do not have an issue with these "taboo" subjects while sober than you are fine and do not need to seek any psychological therapy. I would recommend staying away from the amphetamine though and not just because of this issue, but the overall physical health risks involved.