Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

I am a paralyzed male since 1981. I have always been

Customer Question

I am a paralyzed male since 1981. I have always been straight. For the last ten years I constantly watch gay porn. Worse-young gay porn. Not kids-young adults. I was 23 yrs old at the time of the accident. Why am I watching this? I constantly advance the videos to the climax. FYI-I cannot achieve any viable erections. Do I watch gay porn to "see" what I no longer am capable to do?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.
This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.
Hello, there is varying reasons why an individuals sexual arousal and sexual preference change as they get older and this can be because of experience, neurobiological changes, greater acceptance now of homosexuality, etc...so I cannot tell you exactly why this is occurring for you in the last 10 years because that would take some in-depth psychotherapy sessions to get to know your deeper subconscious mind. Would you be open to seeing a Sex Therapist concerning this issue to better understand the reasons for this sexual attraction/behavior?