Dr. Z
Dr. Z, Psychologist
Experience:  Psy.D. in Clinical Forensic Psychology with a background in treating severe mental illnesses.
74815544

Z. I have a better therapist, psychodynamic, but still dont

Customer Question

Hi Dr.Z. I have a better therapist, psychodynamic, but still dont have a psychiatrist i trust enough to tell all of what has been going on. I stopped the wellbutrin but the anxiety was too much so started taking it again. I can't sleep and even alcohol doesn't help. I am in an unhealthy place and really want to give up. I am stressed and worried that the next thing that blindsides me (even if minor) will push me over the edge. What, if anything, should or can I try next?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

Hello again,

I still do not think the use of Wellbutrin is a good medication for you as a whole given how much anxiety you have, but of course the decision is yours. You should start to ask your doctor about adding a benzodiazepine like Klonopin to your regimen as this will help to lessen your anxiety and help you to sleep better at night as well. It also would be better to consider other medications besides the Wellbutrin like Lamictal, Zoloft, Effexor, or even Viibryd.