Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

I'm a compulsive liar and my only friend is at the end with

Customer Question

I'm a compulsive liar and my only friend is at the end with me. I have to make a drastic change or I'll lose everything. I just don't know what to do. I've tried therapy,psychotherapy, hypnosis, tapping, journaling to very little end. Help, please.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.
This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.
Hello, I am very sorry that you are having this issue with compulsive lying. As you know this is NOT a treatment website, so I can only answer questions and give information on what you can try next in terms of treatment. May I ask, for how long has this been an issue for you? Do you have any other symptoms associated with this compulsive lying? What diagnoses have you been given associated with this compulsive lying? What types of therapy have you tried in the past (e.g. CBT, DBT, Psychodynamic, etc...)? Have you been prescribed any psychotropic medications in the past and if so which ones?