Dr. Z
Dr. Z, Psychologist
Experience:  Psy.D. in Clinical Forensic Psychology with a background in treating severe mental illnesses.
74815544

What to do when you can't hold a job due to chronic

Customer Question

What to do when you can't hold a job due to chronic depression, ptsd and maybe a borderline personality
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area.

Hello, I am sorry that your symptoms are so significant that you cannot hold a job, I can understand how distressing this can be for you. If this is the case than you qualify for disability and I would recommend that you contact an attorney that specializes in disability cases to help you file the proper paperwork. A mental illness or illnesses that directly prevent an individual from maintaining employment is cause for said individual to apply for disability benefits.