Dr. Z
Dr. Z, Psychologist
Experience:  Psy.D. in Clinical Forensic Psychology with a background in treating severe mental illnesses.
74815544

I was a live in nanny twelve year old girl who lives with

Customer Question

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I was a live in nanny for a twelve year old girl who lives with father and mother isn't present in her life. I have been involved w this family for several years now and I am afraid that her father is molesting her and has been for a long time. She is now fourteen and has stopped going to school and wants to move out of house and stay w me as foster child. How do I confirm that this is going on and who should I talk to about it
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area

Hello I am very sorry that you believe this young girl is being sexually abused in the home by her father, i can understand why you would be concerned. Typically psychological symptoms of being sexually abused in adolescence are non-specific as they can involve anger, anxiety, fear, hypervigilance, intense nightmares, regression (urinating in the bed, sucking on ones thumb, not talking, etc...), abnormal bruises or injuries, and isolating one's self. This is why a thorough psychological and physical examination must be carried out by a team of professionals so that the best interests of the child are put first. If you do suspect that this child is being sexually abused, i would recommend calling both the Police and Child Protective Services so that they can remove the child for her safety and conduct a thorough investigation. It is much better to err on the side of caution when you suspect child sexual abuse, so I would recommend calling the authorities I mentioned immediately.

I hope this answers your questions and gives you some guidance on this issue. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns as I am happy to assist and support you regarding this issue.

*****YOU ARE ALMOST FINISHED…EXPERTS ONLY GET COMPENSATED FOR EACH POSITIVE RATING, SO I WOULD APPRECIATE IF YOU COULD GENTLY MASH ONE OF THE 3, 4, 5 SMILEY FACES/STARS THAT YOU SEE BEFORE YOU GO. THANK YOU SO MUCH AND IT WAS MY PLEASURE HELPING YOU WITH YOUR ISSUE*****