Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

I have s percription. I have had it + year. My perscription

Customer Question

I have s percription for zolpidem. I have had it for 20+ year. My perscription is for 30 and some months wrought with nightmares it requires 2 ambien to sleep
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello, what exactly is your mental health question that you would like me to answer regarding this situation?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have taken Ambien for over 20 years for a severe ptsd issue for sleep. I need to sleep to avoid a depression spiral. I have taken 1 a night for a long time and as therapy has become more intense I need 1.5 to 2 at that those times to sleep. Is it possible to pay for 4-5 extra a month to cover those times?
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.
This website does not provide online prescriptions and also Ambien is a controlled substance and cannot be prescribed online at all according to Federal Law. Do you have a psychiatrist that you can see face to face to provide you a prescription?