Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

I snap really quickley in anger outbursts over verry minor

Customer Question

I snap really quickley in anger outbursts over verry minor things. And while in that mindframe think of putting people in really painfull situation and sometimes death. I dont know whats wrong with me im a normal 20 year old male but on a dayley basis have this problem
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area.

Hello, I am very sorry that you have this anger issue, I can understand how distressing this can be for you. I would like to ask, for how long have you been quick to anger? When you do "snap," what do you do (e.g. verbal anger, destroy property, violent to others, etc...)? Would you say that you have been under more stress and anxiety since the anger issues have started? Do you have any other symptoms at all? Would you be willing to undergo either therapy or psychotropic medications to help lessen the anger issues?