Dr. Z
Dr. Z, Psychologist
Experience:  Psy.D. in Clinical Forensic Psychology with a background in treating severe mental illnesses.
74815544

How does one divide the very small Ativan tablets to

Customer Question

how does one divide the very small Ativan tablets to accommodate the taper process?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

Hello again,

There should be a line down the middle of the .5mg pill; that is where you typically want to split the Ativan dose to .25mg. Usually scissors are sufficient, but if you find the pill too small than there is a tool called a pill splitter that would be sufficient. Here is a good one that many of my patients have used and seem to find useful:

http://www.amazon.com/Apex-Deluxe-Pill-Splitter-splitter/dp/B000EGP5DC/ref=sr_1_1?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1439010171&sr=1-1&keywords=pill+cutter

I hope this answers your question and gives you some guidance on this issue. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns as I am happy to assist and support you regarding this issue.

*****YOU ARE ALMOST FINISHED…EXPERTS ONLY GET COMPENSATED FOR EACH POSITIVE RATING, SO I WOULD APPRECIATE IF YOU COULD GENTLY MASH ONE OF THE 3, 4, 5 SMILEY FACES/STARS THAT YOU SEE BEFORE YOU GO. THANK YOU SO MUCH AND IT WAS MY PLEASURE HELPING YOU WITH YOUR ISSUE*****