Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

I happen to have some kind of fetish sport shoes, socks and

Customer Question

hello,
i happen to have some kind of fetish for women sport shoes, socks and feet. taking care of them in a humiliating way is my only way of getting sexually stimulated. i don't have any interest in sex except for masturbation. i was thinking for women something like this might be ok, being spoiled and pampered, but i found out they have a bad judgment about this and are not interested. considering i don't find a way out to make my fantasies become real i don't know if i should think about cure myself or find a way to accept myself as i am. i would also like to know which might be, from a scientifically point of you, the causes of this kind of perversion and the steps to eventually cure it
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area.

Hello, I believe I may be able to help you with your concern. Unfortunately the cause of this fetish is not going to be determined at this time as any fetish cause is unique to the individual given their history and sexual exploration in adolescence, so to help determine a cause of your fetish it would take months of therapy to get to know you as an individual for that to occur. Your fetish or paraphilia is not particularly harmful to you or to others, so it is up to you if you want to minimize this fetish in your life. While a fetish maybe an uncommon form of sexual arousal, it is not something that necessarily needs to be "cured" if it does not cause you distress or harm to yourself or others. Now because you are having a difficult time finding a partner because of this fetish than treatment to lessen the impact on this fetish may be appropriate for you. The only way to truly treat a fetish and lessen its impact on you would be to enter into Sex Therapy for at least 3-6 months as these therapists specialize in paraphilia behavior and are best equipped to lessen the fetish or possibly cure it.

I hope this answers your questions and gives you some guidance on this issue. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns as I am happy to assist and support you regarding this issue.

*****YOU ARE ALMOST FINISHED…EXPERTS ONLY GET COMPENSATED FOR EACH POSITIVE RATING, SO I WOULD APPRECIATE IF YOU COULD GENTLY MASH ONE OF THE 3, 4, 5 SMILEY FACES/STARS THAT YOU SEE BEFORE YOU GO. THANK YOU SO MUCH AND IT WAS MY PLEASURE HELPING YOU WITH YOUR ISSUE*****