Dr. Kaushik
Dr. Kaushik, Psychiatrist
Experience:  MD Psychiatry
9385906

I seem to have forgotten how to write articulately and even

Customer Question

I seem to have forgotten how to write articulately and even just Spell simple words like I'll have trouble putting down in an orderly and in well written calligraphy (print) what I'm thinking like my words don't flow from my mind to the paper as expected by me bring that i was always able to read write and speak articulately all my life after graduating school high school I did do 3 semesters of college but decided I didn't need to go any further due to my ability to conduct and understand business without needing college to teach me or to reward me with a graduating degree being that I am in a family owned business which will one day be mine. Only problem is a few years ago life am shifted a bit and I started getting less and less work to do at my job and worse , everything I was seeing in life like cars people the things I hear, basically anything a person would see i(if you can envision )while being behind the wheel of a delivery van in NYC and surrounding Boros and states. Do there's tons of stimuli which was fine all of my working life since I was 17 I been doing the same thing but a few years ago this weird stuff started happening where it was impossible for me to hold onto me mentally and emotionally and skillfully !! It's like the stimulus that was always there and always either neutral positive and sometimes but wry rarely negative all of a sudden changed in some way where everything I was seeing was affecting me and my thoughts and my kind negatively to the point it's totally thrown me out of focus or caused me to lose my mind !!! I mean how else can I have lost my skills and gift of gab my ways with words etc etc ( I a salesmen well I was for my family business also ) we once had thanks to my father a active customer base of about 3000 thousand customers and now we've downsized tremendously Thanks to recession and a few other things that affect New York and NYC businesses but not to get off topic lets get back to me losing all this me I was with ease all of my life thanks to what I've mentioned above ??? I know I go off topic some which is also a way I never used to be while speaking but I've changed for the worse and in only 35 and can't accept how I've changed but I don't know what to do where to go or what to think or expect in terms of getting back what I can't even understand how Ive lost it hope I was clear enough ,if I wasn't please ask me ?'s so that I can clarify thank you and God bless
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Kaushik replied 1 year ago.

Greetings.

Welcome to the site.

I am a psychiatrist and i will like to offer help to you.

Well it seems like you have difficulty in streamlining your thought process as your train of thoughts tends to loose its track in between which reflects in your speech as you go off topic and out of context while explaining your point of view. This could have been caused due to excessive generation of thoughts in your mind which are being produced at a very fast rate so much so that they make you confused and unable to stick to the topic which you actually want to talk about, in other words this can be seen as derailment of thought process.

So i will encourage and suggest you see a psychiatrist who will first evaluate you and then possibly start you on medications which may include an anti depressant, mood stabilizer and possibly anti psychotic if necessary, this drug regime shall not only take away your underlying stress but also it will resurrect your speech and thought process , making them intact and functional as before.

So kindly do the needful as this condition of yours certainly needs evaluation and use of above mentioned medications so as to reinstate your previously held thinking process and articulate speech.

I hope this helps.

Wish you all the best.

Please kindly leave a POSITIVE RATING if you are satisfied with the answer.

Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can't relax like I can't find piece of mind to the point that I can sleep a full lights sleep uninterrupted and for more than 3 hours like I'll sleep an beverage of 3 hours , I never get that relaxed let me take a load off and take a nap feeling anymore I'm constantly on edge no mater where I am wether at home with my family or while out ??? This started a couple of years ago one day I was startled awake by a trucks back up beeping noise and ever since that day I've had trouble sleeping I can't take naps I can't sleep at night I'm just a mess !! I think it's thanks to all the thoughts that used to flow through my head some how not flowing through my head anymore it's like all my thoughts so unfamiliar I can't relate to them or even recognize them for what they are if this makes any sense ?? And so without me being able to recognize and identify what I'm thinking , I feel this is the reason why I can't relax or sleep I feel relaxing come thanks to what we think and so feel thanks to what we accomplish wtcetc like I don't even have any good flowing conversations anymore no matter with who family friends strangers !!?? It's like life changed in a way that I am no longer compatible with it and it's been like this for so long I've totally lost my sense of self and identity I'm which I've mentioned to you in previous first message it's all correlated

What you have described about yourself now and in previous post of yours is clinically termed as Depersonalization which is defined as loosing sense of one's own identity, one's emotions and feeling as if the body is not one's own body as it used to be before which invariably effects one's functioning on a personal, social and professional level.

So in order to get back the lost sense of identity and one's own personality i reckon that you need to ask your prescribing doctor to put you on a combination of 1 mood stabilizer such seroquel (quetiapine) at dose of 25-75 mg/ day and 1 anti depressant such as cymbalta ( duloxetine) at dose of 60 mg/ day. This oyu continue for 1 month and get back to this site and get in touch with me and we shall discuss your improvement in your symptoms. I am hopeful that this regime will bring about a much desired change in your thinking process and emotions/ feelings which sort of have abandoned you at the present moment.

I hope this makes sense and gives you a sense of direction to move in.

Wish you all the best.

Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
if I in fact am having depersonalization or what have you , can this disorder or illness or whatever cause me to lose myself in all areas wether it be family business socially etc etc ? And what do you think I should do about the fact that my double board certified neurologist n psychiatrist hasn't diagnosed me with what your saying you think I have and with what I been saying also I think I have
All he got me on is 450 mg of Wellbutrin which haven't done a thing I don't feel the least bit better more focused calmer or anything we were hoping the drug would do
I mean I haven't had a good nights sleep with more than3 hours sleep in months maybe more than a year
Kindly read the content mentioned in the below link, then see if you can identify yourself with the symptoms mentioned here.
http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/depersonalization-derealization-disorder/basics/symptoms/con-20033401
I really cannot comment on the clinical acumen and expertise of your doctors, they must be good in what they do, i can only speak for myself and as a psychiatrist based on your description of your symptoms, i feel you seem to be having depersonalization along with mood disorder.
While i am not averse to the use of wellbutrin in mood disorders like depression but its use here kind of does not seem to fill the gaps as what you want is a different medication combination as mentioned above, which will also cater to your sleep disturbance.
I hope this helps.
Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Would you say this part of symptoms I can assume means like I see and feel detached but I know I'm not really detached being that some of the things I am feeling this total detachment from is people like my family who I know loves me very Much and also I feel detached and like it's not my business anymore busie as meanwhile u been there for almost 19 years and only recently started feeling detached like the business I been in all my life's isn't my business (it started like 4 years ago) and I progressively for more and more detached from there on our ether this is permanent or not ? Hope I was clear and sort if I wasn't this is one of my many difficulties I am having which you already know and I'm sure you also see that sometimes the light shines so to speak that I am more clear than I'm speaking but for some reason I'm having trouble doing so if you know what I mean ?
Thanks for the inputs.
I can understand that at times you have difficulty in putting your thoughts into the exact words which you intend to speak, but i was able to understand what you intended to say above.
You see this condition of yours where you have started feeling detached as you yourself put it, this is not permanent and it can be reversed provided you are placed on the right drug regime, so i will again request you to kindly discuss the medications mentioned by me with your doctor and hopefully your doctor will see reason in my suggestions and will therefore use the said medications.
I am quite positive that these medications will help you to fully overcome your present situation.
I hope this helps.
Wish you all the best.
Please kindly leave a POSITIVE RATING if you are satisfied with my answer.
Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can this detachment distorted cause me to wake up and have no ideas as to what to do or where to go for the day when in not working ? It's like I wake up in Saturday and Sunday and have nothing to do all day if I'm not working
I have no ideas of places to go people to go visit etc etc ??

Yes, of course Depersonalization disorder which is one of the Dissociative disorders,that is quite typically associated with such a dull state of mind where there is no direction to move in and the person is sort of clueless about what he needs to be doing.

I hope this helps.

Wish you all the best.

Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how if you can elaborate, how can any type of therapy help a depersonalized person like myself find they self again if I totally lost as to how I was etc etc my beliefs and whatever else ??? And why hasn't anyone diagnosed me with this disorder yet besides you

As to why you have not been diagnosed with this disorder other than me , well i cannot say much on that since i do not want to be judgmental, although for myself i can say that i have seen and managed around 50 patients with similar complaints and with this disorder, so probably that experience in my own practice helped me in diagnosing you plus the symptoms themselves speak for this disorder as you must have noticed after reading the details within the link.

Therapy alone may not be able to help you return to your normal self but therapy in combination with appropriate drug regime ( as mentioned previously by me above ) can help you to get back to normal self.

I hope this makes it clear to you that how you need to approach this condition.

May i please request you to kindly leave a POSITIVE RATING if you are satisfied with the service.

Regards