Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

I found out on May 27, 2015 my husband has been with over

Customer Question

I found out on May 27, 2015 my husband has been with over 200 people (some multiple times) from Asian massage places to Craigslist/Backpage. He is a master manipulator and the best of the best pathological liars. He moved money around and while I traveled, managed to hook up all day long, every day, with someone, somehow. I believe he is an extreme narcissistic person and now he is in the mode of being found out and of course, I am now #1 and he prays I shouldn't leave...I'm at a total loss - probably still in shock and have no idea if this mess can even be 'cured' or managed. He is 54 and I am 50. What a disastrous lie and life now...
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello, I am very sorry that you recently found about your husband's behavior regarding these "affairs" and his pathological lying and manipulation, I can understand why you would be distressed over this. So is your question now that he has been discovered and has been treating you as a priority, can you truly trust him and can he truly change? Has he been seeking any treatment (psychological therapy) for his issues?