Dr. Z
Dr. Z, Psychologist
Experience:  Psy.D. in Clinical Forensic Psychology with a background in treating severe mental illnesses.
74815544

I have a sneaker fetish, I get sexually turned on by

Customer Question

Hi! I have a sneaker fetish, I get sexually turned on by sneakers. I love wearing my sneakers in bed, especially when I have sex. For me to have good sex, the girl has to wear sneakers. If she doesn't, I don't really get turned on, but if she does, I get so turned on that I'm willing to do anything! The best orgasms are when I have her sneaker in my mouth... When I masturbate, I also have to wear sneakers. Is this obsession normal? I remember when I was little, about 5-6 years old, jumping in bed wearing my shoes gave me a certain pleasure. As I grew older, I understood that this special pleasure was sexual.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

Hello, and thank you for requesting me. It sounds like that you have a healthy fetish/paraphilia that is not harmful to you or others. Most Fetishes and Paraphalias are not considered abnormal, but more uncommon sexual behavior. Still this does not mean it should be stopped if it provides you and your partner(s) with pleasure and since no one is getting hurt in the process of such a fetish. Also it does not sound like this fetish is providing you with any distress that significantly impairs your life either which is a good sign. So overall you should not be concerned on if this sneaker fetish is abnormal as what you are a describing is a perfectly healthy sexual behavior given what you described.

I hope this answers your questions and gives you some guidance on this issue. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns as I am happy to assist and support you regarding this issue.

*****YOU ARE ALMOST FINISHED…EXPERTS ONLY GET COMPENSATED FOR EACH POSITIVE RATING, SO I WOULD APPRECIATE IF YOU COULD GENTLY MASH ONE OF THE 3, 4, 5 SMILEY FACES/STARS THAT YOU SEE BEFORE YOU GO. THANK YOU SO MUCH AND IT WAS MY PLEASURE HELPING YOU WITH YOUR ISSUE*****