Dr. Z
Dr. Z, Psychologist
Experience:  Psy.D. in Clinical Forensic Psychology with a background in treating severe mental illnesses.
74815544

I've always been highly energetic jumping from this project

Customer Question

I've always been highly energetic jumping from this project to that restless and ansy difficulty in concentrating unless it's something I find exciting . Crave excitement. Obssesive. Highly emotional and over reactive fantasizes and daydreams often. Highly artistic imaginative and creative and clever suffered from extreme anxiety and depression . Any thoughts
Category: Mental Health
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tap my feet and pace a lot. Have emetophobia. Cry often. Clever sense of humor. Extremely hard on myself. Feels deeply. Hypersomniac. Finds everyday life unusually unsatisfying and feels chronically disconnected unless engaged in something exciting. Goalless and aimless. Multiple jobs and relationships.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Big history of depression in family. My thoughts add, ocd, depression, bipolar, or personality disorder.
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.
*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.
As you know it would be impossible to diagnose you without a face to face evaluation, but it sounds like you could be suffering from a combination of ADHD and a personality disorder or a mood disorder since you stated that you have always been very energetic. ADHD is a developmental disorder, so you could have had these symptoms of high energy and difficulty to focus and concentrate since you were very young. The increased anxiety, depression, and increased emotions could be a result of severe mood disorders such as Depression or Bipolar Disorder, or it could be a result of a personality disorder, such as Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD). A more thorough face to face evaluation would be more effective in distinguishing between the two possibilities though. If you have tried multiple medications and therapy without any benefit than ECT could be possible for you as a last resort treatment. Depending on if you are suffering from a mood disorder or a personality disorder the use of Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS) could also be suggested which would have far less risks than ECT.
OCD is also a possibility if you truly have intrusive thoughts and intense compulsive behavior or it could just be a result of a personality disorder and/or severe anxiety. Either way the typical treatment would be through medications, ECT, or Deep Brain Stimulation to lessen the symptoms of OCD behavior.
I hope this answers your questions and gives you some guidance on this issue. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns as I am happy to assist and support you regarding this issue.
*****YOU ARE ALMOST FINISHED…EXPERTS ONLY GET COMPENSATED FOR EACH POSITIVE RATING, SO I WOULD APPRECIATE IF YOU COULD GENTLY MASH ONE OF THE 3, 4, 5 SMILEY FACES/STARS THAT YOU SEE BEFORE YOU GO. THANK YOU SO MUCH AND IT WAS MY PLEASURE HELPING YOU WITH YOUR ISSUE*****