Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

Our eight year old son is screaming everytime we ask him to do something. we would li

Customer Question

hi
our eight year old son is screaming everytime we ask him to do something. we would like to know how to respond
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.
*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum. Hello, I am very sorry that your son is screaming like this, I can understand how distressing this can be for you. May I ask, for how long has he been doing this? Does he only scream with you, or does he tend to scream when any adult tells him to do things? Would you describe your son's behavior as someone who is defiant? Does he tend to throw objects or try to hit/kick you as well? Has he ever been seen by a Child Psychiatrist/Psychologist? Does he display any other behavioral issues?