Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

Kevin i have suffering from severe anxiety related panic

Customer Question

Hello Kevin i have suffering from severe anxiety related panic attacks
following my parents divorce. I was wondering what's the simplest route to obtain a prescription for an anxiety related medicine
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.
*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum. Hello, Kevin is no longer an active expert on this website, but I will be able to help you with your query. I am assuming that you are asking about benzodiazepines (e.g. Xanax, Klonopin, Ativan, Valium, etc…); these are Controlled Substances and highly regulated by the Federal and State government, which means they require a medical professional to prescribe it face to face. It is illegal to acquire this medication online. In addition, given how highly regulated this medication is, it would be best to see a psychiatrist to prescribe this medication as they are more apt to prescribe it than a general physician. Now do you have a psychiatrist you can go to or would you like a list of psychiatrists in your area that you can see, who may be able to prescribe a benzodiazepine for you?