Dr. Z
Dr. Z, Psychologist
Experience:  Psy.D. in Clinical Forensic Psychology with a background in treating severe mental illnesses.
74815544

I have been prescribed clonezapam disorder

Customer Question

I have been prescribed clonezapam for anxiety disorder for 3 years now. Today I got stranded out of town and was unable to pick up my prescription at rite aid. It has been nearly 36 hrs since I took my last dose. I am feeling anxious. My wife has .5 mg
of alprazolam that her dr prescribed to her. Can I take one of hers to get through the night? how much ? I was prescribed .5 mil in morning and 1 mil at bedtime, that was clonezapam
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.
Hello I believe I can help you with your question. While I cannot advocate that you take your wife's prescription as that would be illegal, but I can tell you that clonazepam and alprazolam are equal in potency, so you can take .5mg and that will keep you stable for around 8 hours. The only problem is that Alprazolam loses its effectiveness much more quickly that Clonazepam so you have to take the Alprazolam three to four times a day compared to twice a day for the Clonazepam to get that 24 hour coverage. I hope this helps and I truly wish you all the best.
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I noticed that you viewed my answer and I was checking in to see if you have any further questions or concerns that you would like me to address on this issue? *****Remember I only get compensated for my hard work through positive ratings, so I would truly appreciate it if you can take the time and provide me with a POSITIVE RATING using the smiley faces/stars. Thank you so much and it was my pleasure helping you with your issue.*****