Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

I'm thinking of leaving my wife of 19 yrs. Her family hates and bullied me from the

Customer Question

I'm thinking of leaving my wife of 19 yrs. Her family hates and bullied me from the beginning but she defended them or said she didn't think it was so bad. Then she flaunted her crushes all the time. Once she went on a transatlantic business trip with a coworker she said she had a major crush on and they shared a room. When I said I was angry she got angry with me for complaining. Whenever we have friends they adore her and can't stand me, even if I meet them first and they really like meat first. For years she was making fun of means ridiculing me whenever we were around other people. I immigrated from another country and I'm isolated and terribly lonely. As soon as I said I was leaving she started losing weight and gone back to the habit of cutting herself. We have two kids and I'm devastated. I feel I've worked hard for it to work but last winter I had a breakdown and can't take it anymore.
I've met someone who is a lot kinder and more loving but I feel so guilty about leavin
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.
*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.
Hello, I am very sorry that you have had these difficulties with your wife for so long, I can understand why you would want to leave this marriage. I read through your entire description, but I did not see you ask a specific question regarding this situation. So may I ask what is your mental health question that you would like an answer on concerning this issue? Are you asking if you should leave your wife or not? Do you feel Couples Therapy has been productive?