Dr. Z
Dr. Z, Psychologist
Experience:  Psy.D. in Clinical Forensic Psychology with a background in treating severe mental illnesses.
74815544

Dr. Z, I am opening a new thread as required. I know

Customer Question

Hello Dr. Z, I am opening a new thread as required. I know we have talked SO much about my obsessive thoughts regarding my dad,etc and I know you keep giving me the same answers, but I need help moving past worrying about if my dad will continue to be
appropriate in his behavior towards my niece and I etc. (Because I believe you that he is not doing anything inapprorpraite now-I am not worried about things I have already asked you. I am worried about "what if he is inapprorparite in the future.") What can
I do about this? Do you think I need to be worried about this or that I have forgotten any important details of things he has done in the past that would make you change your mind? I guess it all comes down to, based on what I have told you about my dad, do
you think I need to worry about him being inappropriate? (or do you think I could be forgetting something?) And because I keep wondering if I should be worried about him, will this cause me to become delusional do you think? Thanks so much!
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.
Hello again,
So to answer your question, I will go in order to make it easier to organize:
1. Obviously I cannot tell you if he will be inappropriate in the future or not, but no one can as it is impossible to see into the future. The best think you have to do about this is to work on your CBT techniques as that helps to keep you grounded in the present.
2. Nothing has changed my mind about your father and I doubt you are forgetting anything.
3. And no OCD does not evolve into a Delusional Disorder.
I hope this answers your questions and gives you some guidance on this issue. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns as I am happy to assist and support you regarding this issue.
*****Remember I only get compensated for my hard work through positive ratings, so I would truly appreciate it if you can take the time and provide me with a POSITIVE RATING using the smiley faces/stars. Thank you so much and it was my pleasure helping you with your issue.*****