Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

I have asthma and I had it it seems like forever now, and I

Customer Question

I have asthma and I had it it seems like forever now, and I was in South Carolina for a dance competition took one puff of my inhaler before I preformedand then after I went off I took another puff and I couldn't caught my breathe so they sent me to the er and they told me I had a panic attack. And that was 3 weeks ago and on Sunday I was having shortness of breathe and tightness in my chest so I went to an urgent care place they gave me an nebulizer treatment, and to go again at night because still same systoms, then this morning I had the same sytoms but it felt like there was an elephant on me and it was very hard to breathe. So I went back to the urgent care place and told me I have anxiety. I don't know what it is exactly. But when I had that panic attack they gave me lorazepam for it.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.
*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area.
Hello, I am so sorry that you are suffering from these current symptoms. It sounds like you may not sure if this is actually your asthma or a panic attack, so that is why you are asking this question. Can you tell me, when you took the Lorazepam, did you start to feel better within one hour of ingestion?