Dr. Z
Dr. Z, Psychologist
Experience:  Psy.D. in Clinical Forensic Psychology with a background in treating severe mental illnesses.
74815544

I was told the medication zanax could help me. My sister just

Customer Question

I was told the medication zanax could help me. My sister just died and I am having a hard time getting past this horrible grief and get on with my day to day functions.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.
*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.
Hello, I am very sorry to hear about the recent passing of your sister, I cannot imagine how distressing this can be for you. Xanax can possibly be a good medication to help lessen your anxiety/stress during your grieving. Do you have a doctor or psychiatrist that you can see for a prescription?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I do not have a family doctor. I have always been very healthy. The thought of seeing a psychiatrist seems unnecessary for grief we all go through it during a loss of this kind. I would just like to get a little relief and be able move through this process without it showing on my medical record.
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately Xanax is a Controlled Substance and can only be prescribed by a medical professional face to face. Most family doctors will not be inclined to prescribe Xanax given the regulation surrounding a Controlled Substance. If you like I can recommend psychiatrists in your area that you can contact if you provide me with your zip code. But if you were in belief that you can get a prescription online, that is not something available on this website. In addition, Controlled Substances cannot be prescribed online as it is against Federal Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. I wasn't aware it was against federal law.
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.
It is unfortunately with all Controlled Substances because they are highly addictive substances. I would still like to help you and I can provide you with a list of psychiatrists in your area that may be able to get you the medication or something else to lessen your stress and anxiety, if you provide me with your zip code.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
32224
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** some good psychiatrists that can be helpful for you.
Imtiaz Rasul, M.D.
10175 Fortune Parkway
Jacksonville, FL 32256 (###) ###-####
http://www.jaxpsych.org/
Pacifica Care ***** Ste. 100
Jacksonville, FL 32225 (###) ###-####
http://www.pacificacarejax.com/
Ron Kirsner, M.D.
Jacksonville, FL (###) ###-####
http://ronkirsnermd.com/
I hope this answers your questions and gives you some guidance on this issue. I wish you all the best and that your anxiety and stress lessens very soon during this time of grief. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns as I am happy to assist and support you regarding this issue.
*****If you are satisfied with my answer, I would truly appreciate it if you can take the time and provide me with a POSITIVE RATING using the smiley faces/stars, so that I can receive credit for helping you. Thank you*****