Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

I find it amazing that over last two yrs ive developed bdd

Customer Question

I find it amazing that over last two yrs ive developed bdd theough people telling me my face is to thin . I look like a crack head ( by my si called drunk friend !) And im a mess . Now i try to sort problem out with plastic surgery im all sudden pretty by the same people !!!!! Im soooo mad
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.
*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.
Hello, it sounds like you feel self-conscious by the shape of your face (too thin) where others were calling you a "crack-head," and this led you to consider plastic surgery. But now that you are considering plastic surgery, those same people state that you are beautiful and do not need cosmetic surgery. I can understand how this double standard would frustrate you. May I ask, what is your specific mental health question that you would like my assistance with in regards ***** ***** situation?