Dr. Z
Dr. Z, Psychologist
Experience:  Psy.D. in Clinical Forensic Psychology with a background in treating severe mental illnesses.
74815544

I need an answer. I am DID. I am not suicidal but I have an

Customer Question

I need an answer. I am DID. I am not suicidal but I have an alter that is seriously suicidal. She has a plan and the means. What can I do?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.
*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.
Hello, I am very sorry that your alter is having these strong suicidal ideations and an actual plan to commit suicide. If you are very concerned that your alter will take over than you have to call 911 or go to the nearest ER immediately to be committed for your own safety. An alter can appear at anytime without your control and thus you are in danger of your alter actually harming yourself even though you are not suicidal. Please call 911 or go the nearest ER as soon as you can for your own safety.
I hope this answers your questions and gives you some guidance on this issue. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns as I am happy to assist and support you regarding this issue.
*****If you are satisfied with my answer, I would truly appreciate it if you can take the time and provide me with a POSITIVE rating so that I can receive credit for helping you. Thank you