Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

I am 54, I lost my job, have been looking & looking but have no prospects, I

Customer Question

I am 54, I lost my job, have been looking & looking for work but have no prospects, I have gone thru almost all my savings, I don't like my husband much anymore (everything he does bothers me), I have no friends, I am way overweight. In 2011 I almost died in ICU from septic pneumonia. I was in a coma for 3 weeks and my organs were staring to shut down. I survived and made a full recovery. It is hard to believe that I survived only to end up in this sorry state of life I am currently in, at this age. What do you think I should do.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.
*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.
Hello, I am very sorry that you are having these issues, I can understand how distressing this can be for you. I would like to ask you a couple questions to get a better idea of what you are looking for, so that I can better assist you.
1. Do you think it is possible you may be suffering from a mood disorder (e.g. depression) because of these unfortunate circumstances, and have you thought about undergoing psychotherapy?
2. Have you discussed some of your issues with your husband? What has he had to say about this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No thanks. What I most urgently need is an income and any other help I need probably needs to be in person. I really knew that. I shouldn't run up a bill online. Thanks.
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.
I understand, I wish you all the best