Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

Everything that you said is about my marriage, my daughter

Customer Question

Everything that you said is about my marriage, my daughter is feeling the same towards her father, . My husband said before he moved out night on Father's Day ., " please give me my freedom, I want to move, " and he drove away like he always do , drive all the way to his sister in LV and while he is there drive to LA TO BE WITH HIS EX GF. NOW HE IS coming back to STL cuz he works here. He will stop by the house for sure to get into his scrub suits , how will I greet him, what am I going to do. I have always love him and I still do, still hoping that he will come back to me. He always those thoughts that I cheated on him and have feelings for this man and none of those are true. He had infidelity in the past and I gave u always forgiven him. Please I don't know what to do
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.
*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.
Hello, I am sorry that you are having this issue with your husband, I can understand how distressing this can possibly be for you. I would like to ask you a few questions to get a better idea of what you are looking for, so that I can better assist you.
1. It sounds like you want to try to reconcile with your husband now that he is back in your hometown, has he made any indications of reconciling with you?
2. Has the issue of Couples Therapy ever been brought up to try to repair your marriage?
3. Does your husband usually not admit his own mistakes, but instead turns it around on you and blames you?
4. And lastly are you willing to accept that maybe your husband will not want to repair this marriage and there maybe nothing you can do about it since that is his choice alone?