Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

I am having separation issues with giving up my dog whom i

Customer Question

i am having separation issues with giving up my dog whom i still love. it's been three weeks. the new owners said i could visit her. is this a good decision or will my heart break again? she is well adjusted to the new owners.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.
*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.
Hello, I am so sorry that you are having these separation issues as you had to give up your dog. First, I would like to know what circumstances required you to give up your dog? Also have you had animals in the past that you either had to let go or passed away, and if so how did you cope with that loss?