Dr. Z
Dr. Z, Psychologist
Experience:  Psy.D. in Clinical Forensic Psychology with a background in treating severe mental illnesses.
74815544

Can I take a MCMI-III online

Customer Question

can I take a MCMI-III online
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.
*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area.
Hello, I believe I may be able to help you with your question. Unfortunately the MCMI-III can only be taken on paper and pencil or using a purchased software program on a computer; this psychological assessment cannot be taken online at this time. The MCMI-III is a copyrighted material and is quite expensive (around 300-500 US dollars) and can only be given by a trained mental health professional, so the test manufacturers believed it best to be kept out of the internet at this time. Also the test manufactures are held to a higher confidentiality standards and cannot promise complete privacy if the test was allowed to be given and scored online, so that is one other reason why the MCMI-III and most other psychological assessments are not available for use online.
I hope this answers your questions and gives you some guidance on this issue. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns as I am happy to assist and support you regarding this issue.
*****If you are satisfied with my answer, I would truly appreciate it if you can take the time and provide me with a positive rating so that I can receive credit for helping you. Thank you