Dr. Z
Dr. Z, Psychologist
Experience:  Psy.D. in Clinical Forensic Psychology with a background in treating severe mental illnesses.
74815544

I am involved in a very high conflict divorce. My daughter

Customer Question

I am involved in a very high conflict divorce. My daughter was in therapy with a FL psychologist who while treating my daughter, agreed to and served as an expert witness for my husband in a case involving our daughter but not a family matter. When I complained to the psychologist that he couldn't be an expert for one parent essentially against the other parent, he cut off communication with me for two years. He also gave my former husband my daughter's treatment records based on a HIPAA release but sought a protective order to prevent me from having the records so when he testified in the family court, my attorney was unable to cross examine him and his testimony was taken as gospel.
I have filed a complaint but Florida's board has had the case for nearly a year and nothing has been done as this doctor testifies over and over essentially as an expert for my ex husband.
First am I right that he violated ethics?
If so,
Is there anything I can do to get this conduct publicized so that the damage he is doing can be stopped immediately?
Are there writers who cover psychologists' ethical violations?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  PhillipsEsq replied 1 year ago.
Hello: This is PhillipsEsq. I am a licensed Attorney and I will be assisting you today.

Response: No, he did not violate "ethics" for testifying for one parent against the other. However, he should not have prevented you from having access to the same records that he provided to your ex-husband. The Court should not have granted his application for protective Order because without access to the records, you and your Attorney were put in disadvantageous position.
If so,

Response 2: His testimony for your ex-husband is not unethical.
Response 3: I do not know of such writers. However, any investigative journalist or newsmagazines are capable of reporting on the issues in your case.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I gave you a response examining why it wasn't helpful and never heard back from you. I am an attorney. And I know that the counselor aha violated his ethics under APA rules. That's why I asked for a therapist and not a lawyer. You didn't answer or expand
Response: Hello, I did not get any feedback from you until this follow-up post from you above. For your information, your post is still posted under the Legal Category. If you want a therapist to respond, you need to post it under proper category. In any event, I will opt out and give other professionals the opportunity to further assist you.
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.
*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.
Hello, do you still require assistance on this issue?