Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

I am 53 and my boyfriend is 55. Even though he has been married

Customer Question

I am 53 and my boyfriend is 55. Even though he has been married twice, many years ago, his sexual experience seems limited. I gave him his first real blow job!!!!!! Anyway, we have been together about a year and I knew going in he had issues with ED. We had great passion at first and " sometimes" the sex worked well, but oftentimes not. So to my questions... We have gotten in a rut and basically just end up mutually masturbating during sex. Also, although he loves me and treats me so very well, he won't perform oral sex on me. I have tried talking to him about it, and the last t thing he said was that it hurts his neck. I've asked about odor issues etc. And he says that's not it. We talk about EVERYTHING and have a very open relationship. We need help with 1) ED 2) Not satisfied with always mutually masturbating and 3 ) why won't he go down on me?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.
*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.
Hello, I am sorry that you are having these issues with your partner, I can understand how frustrating this can be for you. I would like to ask a couple questions to get a better idea of your situation, so that I can better assist you.
1. Has your partner seen a doctor about his ED issues and/or taken any medication for these ED issues. If he has taken medication, what type of medication has been prescribed for him.
2. Obviously I do not know why your partner will not perform oral sex on you since I cannot read his mind, but do you think he would be open to going to a sex therapist to discuss the oral sex issue and your overall being unsatisfied sexually with him?