Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

My name is***** have been suffering from OCD

Customer Question

Hi! My name is***** have been suffering from OCD for about 5 years, though my symptoms vaguely started as soon as I was 4 years old. I try to contain it, but it just got worse. My blasphemous OCD does not end in thoughts but now it starts appearing in my actions. When I come across a picture of God or any religious figures, my lips would sort of tremble, as if getting ready to open, and I sort of feel a little bit of my saliva. I felt like I just spit on the image. What's annoying about it is, unlike my thoughts, if I had actually spit on the image, I spit on the image. IT IS blasphemous even with or without intention. I am so scared and I dont know what to do
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.
*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.
Hello, I am sorry that you are having this issue with your OCD, I can understand how distressing this can be for you. I would like to ask you a few questions to get a better idea of what you are looking for, so that I can better assist you.
1. Are you currently being treated for this OCD (medications and/or therapy)? If so, what are the names of the medications and/or type of therapy are you currently in?
2. What past treatment have you had for this OCD?
3. Have you discussed this particular obsession and compulsion with your doctor?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi! Thank you for your response ! I'll seek for something more private
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.
No worries, I wish you all the best :)