Dr. Z
Dr. Z, Psychologist
Experience:  Psy.D. in Clinical Forensic Psychology with a background in treating severe mental illnesses.
74815544

How long does headaches last when on Effexor xr started 22

Customer Question

how long does headaches last when on Effexor xr started 22 days ago last 2 weeks not everyday but getting them at night going into day sometimes feel like coming from shoulder tension , last couple migraine but took Tylenol and went away one today I had to take a imitrex, hard time sleeping, occasional chills , night sweats , im hoping the headaches stop I feel its working but hard to work with headaches, its just funny to get them at night or 1am
also like a thumping in left ear not constant but weird
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.
*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.
Hello, I believe I may be able to help you with your question. I am sorry that you have been receiving these headaches since being on the Effexor. This is a well known initial adverse effect as your body adjusts to the Effexor, which I am sure you have read. Typically the headaches and all other initial adverse effects will disappear in 6-8 weeks, but you should start feeling a lessening of these headaches by the 4th or 5th week.
I hope this answers your questions and gives you some guidance on this issue. I truly wish you all the best with your treatment and I hope your symptoms and these adverse effects lessen very soon. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns as I am happy to assist and support you regarding this issue.
If you are satisfied with my answer, I would truly appreciate it if you can take the time and provide me with a positive rating so that I can receive credit for helping you. Thank you