Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

I AM PARALYZED AND EACH MORNING THINKING AND WANT SEX. I HAVE

Customer Question

I AM PARALYZED AND EACH MORNING THINKING AND WANT SEX. I HAVE NO GF OR WIFE. I CAN'T MASTURBATE MYSELF OR HAVE A FEMALE NURSE WHO WILL. WHAT CAN I DO TO GET PEACE OF MINE?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.
*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.
Hello, I am sorry that you are having this issue regarding wanting sex. To want sex is perfectly normal and expected of most human beings, so despite you being physically disabled that want of sexual intercourse is natural. But I can understand why it is distressing to you as you cannot feel fulfilled in this area of need, so I wonder have you ever tried to undergo therapy to help you address this issue and possibly lessen the hold this need for sex has on you? Or have you discussed with your doctor about possibly using medications to try to lower your libido and therefore make it easier to not be influenced by this need?